Adult Vocational Training Program (AVT)
This is an assistance program that serves as a secondary resource to supplement training institutions financial aid package which is applied for by a Klamath Tribes member. Awards vary and depend on an individual’s financial need and availability of funding. An applicant for this program must be in need of training to obtain reasonable and satisfactory employment. This means the applicant is under employed and extreme hardship would result without additional training for the applicant. AVT funds are available as either Short Term or Long term Adult Vocation Training Programs Short Term is any training program leading to a certificate or license that is shorter than 120 days and the cost is $750 or less. The complete application must be submitted eight (8) working days prior to the first day of class. Long Term is any training program leading to a certificate or license that may be longer than 120 days and/or the costs exceed $750. The complete application must be submitted thirty (30) day prior to the first day of class.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be an Enrolled Klamath Tribes member;
- Be admitted for enrollment in an accredited institution and pursuing a certificate and/or license in a vocation program;
- Have graduated from high school or received a General Equivalency Diploma;
- Be in need of training in order to obtain reasonable and satisfactory employment.
- Have utilized an approved financial need analysis system and have demonstrated a financial need; and
- Have completed the Application and all its requirement’s