Direct Employment Assistance (DEA)
This is an assistance program that serves as a resource to assist people who have a job skill(s), that are unemployed or underemployed to obtain or retain permanent employment. The program provides support services, both paid and non-paid, to eligible Tribal members, to which include vocational counseling and employment services. Types of non-paid services include but not limited to:
- Labor Pool Database.
- Referral Services
- Job Development
- Pre-employment Services that include
- Resume’ Development
- Interviewing Skills,
- Labor Market Research
- Work Ethic
Types of paid services include but not limited to:
- Summer Youth Employment (Seasonal)
- College Intern Program
- Available financial support Service for eligible clients, to include but is not limited to :
- Required tools
- Required Clothing
- One-time subsidy payment: Work related incidentals, utilities, transportation, etc.
- Relocation costs
Eligible applicants for paid Support Services Applicants Must:
- Be an enrolled member of the Klamath Tribes or other Federally Recognized Tribe or Alaskan Native
- Reside within the defined Service Delivery Area (Klamath County)
- Declare a desire and an intent to accept and retain full time permanent employment or part time employment that will lead to full time permanent employment.