RED Vocational Rehabilitation Program.
The RED Vocational Rehabilitation operates by appointment only, Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 4:30 pm (Closed Holidays) Please contact the Program Secretary with any questions.
Contact RED at 541.783.2219
RED Fax: 541-783-2195
Zola Hulet, Program Manager Extension 210
David Loew, Youth Transition Specialist, Extension 211
Dalene McNair, Program Secretary, Extension 209
What is Vocational Rehabilitation? The Klamath Tribes Vocational Rehabilitation Program assists eligible enrolled Klamath Tribal Members to prepare for, enter into, engage in or retain gainful employment.
What is a Disability? A “Disability” is a life-long limitation such as a physical, mental or, learning condition that poses a substantial barrier or impediment to employment, such as, but not limited to:
- Learning Disabilities
- Hearing or Visual Impairments
- Mental Health Disorder
- Alcohol/Drug Addiction Recovery
Who is Eligible?
If you want to go to work and your answer is “yes” to all of the following statements you may be eligible:
- Do you reside in Klamath County?
- Are you an enrolled member of the Klamath Tribes?
- Do you have a physical or mental impairment and/or learning disability that result in a substantial barrier to employment?
- Are there significant challenges that keep you from getting or keeping a job?
- Are you willing to work on a plan that will help you find suitable employment? This may include Vocational Rehabilitation services to prepare for, enter into, engage in or retain an employment outcome consistent with your abilities, capabilities, career interest, and an informed choice.
What happens when I apply?
- Gather Basic Information
- You meet with a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (VRC) to complete the intake application.
- During the intake interview, information is gathered to help determine eligibility for the program.
- Counseling and guidance services are provided at every phase of the application process.
If I am eligible, then what?
Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors will work with you to develop or to decide upon an Employment Outcome. All services provided by the Klamath Tribes Vocational Rehabilitation Program will be focused on helping you reach the Employment Outcome developed in your Individual Plan of Employment (IPE). The IPE will document the steps that are necessary for you to attain an employment outcome, and will list the services needed from the Klamath Tribes Vocational Rehabilitation Program in order to achieve an Employment Outcome.
Types of Services Provided A variety of services can be provided to assist eligible participants to prepare for, obtain and/or to maintain jobs. These types of services may include, but are not limited to:
- Assessment, evaluation and diagnostic services
- Medical and psychological services
- Vocational and technical training services
- Job placement and retention services
- Post-Employment Services (PES)
The services listed are based on each individual’s needs and circumstances and are in accordance with an Individual Plan of Employment (IPE) that is designed by the applicant and his or her Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (VRC).