Do you know about the Klamath Tribes Temporary Labor Pool?
- What is the Temp Labor Pool?
The Temporary Labor Pool is a database held by the Klamath Tribes Education and Employment Department.
- What is the purpose of the database?
The database is used to provide lists of current labor pool applicants to departments or employers seeking to fill temp job positions.
- Who can be in the data base?
Anyone seeking work is eligible to be put in the database through the use of a Temporary Labor Pool Card.
- How can a job seeker obtain a Temporary Labor Pool Card?
- Contact the Education & Employment Department at 541-783-2219 and request a Temporary Labor Pool Card.
- The cards can be mailed, emailed or faxed to the job seeker
requesting the card or they can pick up a card at the E/E office.
- They can also pick up a card from the Eligibility Worker on
Wednesdays in Klamath Falls at Work Source Klamath.
- What should the job seeker do when they receive the LPC?
- Fill out both sides of the LPC and return it to the Education
& Employment Department.
- What happens then?
- Upon the department’s receipt of the card a staff member will call the job seeker and conduct a short interview. The interview is done to ensure all information is complete.
- The information on the card is then entered into the Temporary Labor Pool database.
- From that point the information is held in the database for referral to persons requesting lists of labor pool applicants for temp positions.
NOTE: it is important that job seekers keep the Education & Employment Department informed of any changes in their phone numbers and if they wish to remain in the data base to update at least every 90 days.
Education & Employment Dept.
The Klamath Tribes
501 Chiloquin Blvd.
P.O. Box 436
Chiloquin, Oregon 97624
(541) 783-2219, Ext 128