dic mbosant nanokens!
( Good morning everyone!)
gen waytas wonipniks gi.
(Today is Thursday.)
Before we move on to another topic, I wanted to give you an example of what you can be doing with the Time Element words. I am going to put each of the Time Elements into my demonstration sentence. You can do the same thing for your demonstration sentence. Attached is a hand out on Time Elements and the sound recording of these sentences. There are 8 Time Elements here.
- 2. ga-ak=long ago
- gen waytas=today
- mbosant=tomorrow, morning
- once ni yayna slewapka. Later I will see the mountain.
- ga-ak ni yayna sle-a. Long ago I saw the mountain.
- ona ni yayna sle-a. Yesterday I sa the mountain
- onak ni yayna sle-a. Early I saw the mountain.
- gen waytas ni yayna slewapka. Today I will see the mountain.
- amka ni yayna slewapka. Maybe I will see the mountain.
- at ni yayna sle-a. Now I see the mountain.
- mbosant ni yayna slewapka. Tomorrow I will see the mountain.