We will look at the question “How.”
This question is made by adding the word “waq” to the beginning of the sentence and changing the pronoun to fit the circumstance.
example: ni yayna sle-a. I see the mountain. ni sle-a yayna gaw lolptga sle-a. I see the mountain with my eye.
waq i yayna sle-a? How do you see the mountain.
Translate these questions and respond to the question.
1. waq i goge domna? ___________________________? __________________________________________.
2. waq i yulalona gena? ________________________? __________________________________________.
3. waq i honks saywakta? ___________________________? ____________________________________.
4. waq i q-ai honks sle-a? ___________________________? ____________________________________.
5. waq ad mbosaksawas gena? _____________________? _______________________________.
When you ask a question “how” you are asking in what way something is done. You can answer it with a suffix that says that you do it “with or by” something. This suffix you add onto a noun is -tga. wactga=by horse.